Spring break week is upon us, so I will keep this week's post short and sweet. If you have been following Backyard Yoga, you know we are all about playing together, and this week is an opportunity to do just that. I encourage you to use this concentrated time to discover more about each other through play. It doesn't matter what age your children are. There is always something new for you to discover about them and for them to discover about you.
Here are a couple of ideas for connecting:
- Let each child have an opportunity to plan an activity, or even an entire day, during the week. You might find that new interests are developing that might otherwise have gone unnoticed. This week my daughters have asked to go to the library and children's museum.
- Meal-plan together and then make those meals as a family. Making pizzas together is one of our favorite family dinners.
- Create something together. We like to make family art projects where I simply put out a sheet of blank paper and tools, then everyone adds their touch throughout the day or week. Also see last week's post, Nesting Ball, for another fun activity idea.
- Plan a surprise adventure. Who doesn't love a surprise? This is also an opportunity for you to show your kids you SEE them and know what they like.
- Make a family playlist. Let each member of the family pick 3-5 of their favorite songs. Share the list on all of your devices. Each time it's listened to, either together or independently, you are always connected.
Wishing you and your family a rejuvenating Spring break.
Peace + Play