The Groundhog Finger Meditation was such a hit that I've created another finger maze for St. Patrick's Day! Four-leaf clovers are a cute and playful way to introduce the concept of square breath. Square breath is a calming breath exercise where the inhale and exhale are equal in length--just like the four sides of a square (or, in this case, the four leaves of our lucky clover).
Here is a coloring sheet version for you to print:
Here's how it works:
- You can choose to either screen-capture the graphic below for use on a tablet, or print out a physical copy.
- Place your finger at the START and follow the breathing prompts.
- Try to follow the maze at an even pace. Inhale and exhale, through your nose, for the entire length of each line. Pause for just a brief moment at the top and bottom of each breath.
- Increases focus by having to control the finger through the tight maze while following the breath prompts.
- Reduces stress by calming nerves as you increase your oxygen intake.
- Improves mood by increasing the oxygen supply to the brain.
Here is a full-color version, too:
Enjoy! Please take a minute to let me know what you think in the comments below. If there is a strong, positive response to this breathing exercise, I will take the time to design more themes in the near future.